History of the UP System Budget Office
1074th BOR Meeting on 27 February 1994 - Reorganization of UP System Offices
The Board approved the Reorganization of the Controllership and Budget Staff, UP System (CBS) into the Controllership and Budget Office UP System (CBO) and the Budget Office, UP Diliman. Continuation of the implementation of EO Nos.4 dated 23 March 1983 and 5 dated 17 June 1986.
The objectives of the reorganization are:
1. To operationalize the full fiscal autonomy of UP Diliman under EO no.5 dated 17 June 1983.This will make UP Diliman a fully autonomous university similar to UP Los Banos, UP Manila and UP Visayas.
2. To retain the services rendered by CBS to the autonomous universities of the UP System and at the same time give it capability to render efficient and effective fiscal and administrative service to system-level units.
The reorganization will not require additional finances from the Department of Budget and Management.
1144th BOR Meeting on 31 August 2000 - Reorganization of the UP System (UPS) Financial Services Units
- Reorganization of the Financial Management Office (FMO)
- Separation of UP System Accounting Office
- Creation of a System Investment Office
- Conversion of the Information System Division of FMO to Planning Services Division
- Renaming of the Financial Management Office(FMO) to UP System Budget Office (UPS-BO)
The UPS-BO has four divisions, namely:
- Fiscal Services
- System Budget Services
- Planning Services
- Administrative and Liaison Services
To be an effective government financial unit that provides transparent and sound services to the University and its people and help management decision makers in efficiently managing its resources in the performance of its mandate.
The core mission of the UP System Budget Office is to provide reliable information to support operational budgeting, monitoring of agency spending of public funds, and reporting thereof to both internal and external users for decision-making purposes.
At SBO, we would like to be known as an Office with a "HEART".
Honesty, Fairness and Integrity - we shall carry out our duties and responsibilities with honesty, fairness and integrity.
Efficiency and Effectiveness - we shall monitor the efficient and effective use of the University's budget and ensure prudent use of public funds.
Accountability and Transparency - we shall provide internal and external users timely financial information;
Reliable and Resourceful - we shall provide reliable information to users as basis for resourceful and sound use of the unit's budget;and
Teamwork - we shall collaborate with various System units/offices through consultations, providing feedback and participating in meetings and discussions about budgeting and funds management.
--Source: UP OVPPF Website
NEC, National Engineering Center, Osmeña Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City, Metro Manila